Frequently Asked Lending Questions
Below are some of the most frequent lending questions we receive. If you don't see the information you are looking for, feel free to contact our team.
In today’s marketplace, you have a lot of financing options available to help grow your business. Some financial providers are now leveraging “bots”, driven by artificial intelligence, or an “app” to provide funding to businesses. At Oak Street Funding, we leverage the latest technology to help run our business and provide our customers with convenience in how we service their loans, with proprietary technology such as our MyStreet™ loan portal. However, what separates us is our belief in human connection and providing in-person lending expertise, throughout the process and even during the life of servicing your loan.
Since 2003, Oak Street Funding has been committed to working as a specialty lender to only select cash-flow businesses – Investment Advisors, Accountants, Insurance Professionals, Energy Providers, and Indirect Automotive Dealerships – using a relationship-based service model. For these businesses, we provide up to $50 million dollars in customized loans to meet almost any business need. With an exceptional customer satisfaction rating, measured by a Net Promoter Score, we deliver for our clients and provide:
- Expertise – with decades of experience and knowledge in capital solutions for niche audiences, we specialize in tailoring to your unique needs and understand not one-size fits all.
- Peace of Mind – we are well-capitalized to meet your lending needs regardless of where you are in your business life cycle.
- Smart Borrowing – our loans, up to $50 million dollars, are customized to fit your business needs and are non-SBA so you can keep personal assets separated from your business.
- Transparency – stay connected and informed throughout the loan process with our easy-to-use proprietary technology and in-house Sales, Underwriting, Legal and Servicing teams.
- Access to Leadership – unlike other companies where there is little to no leadership involvement, at Oak Street Funding, you can have direct access to our CEO and Executive Team anytime you need them.
Yes, we are a direct, non-SBA specialty lending company. We provide a dedicated team of in-house loan experts to meet your business’s capital needs. And, unlike some other companies, your loan will not be sold to another organization.
All decisions are made by the Oak Street Funding team which allows us to expedite the process for our borrowers. The amount of time required to complete the business lending process depends on the timeliness of information provided by you and any respective parties to the transaction. Once all required documents are in, the approval process can be completed in as little as four weeks. More complex transactions may take longer to close. Listen to Alicia Chandler, Chief Counsel, provide an understanding of the process and documentation required.
We offer fixed and variable rate loans with terms up to ten years. Our rates are typically based on the treasury yield plus a spread. Our underwriting team evaluates each application to determine the appropriate rate for each situation. Factors that may influence your loan rate include loan term, type of loan, and strength in the 5 Cs of credit. The 5 Cs are:
- Capacity refers to the debt load a company can sustain.
- Character points to the applicant’s credit history.
- Collateral pertains to the assets a borrower pledges to secure the loan.
- Capital refers to how much equity the company has available.
- Conditions are the specifics of the loan and factors that may influence it.
The typical loan process at Oak Street Funding includes six phases:
- Assessment – a dedicated Loan Officer will meet with you to discuss your unique business needs and ensure all your questions are answered. If it seems we can help, you would then complete a loan application.
- Application – you have the option of completing an online or paper application, and submit initial documentation to assess whether a term sheet – a non-binding letter of intent which summarizes the important financial and legal terms as well as the amount of the loan and its repayment – can be issued.
- Processing – following execution of a term sheet and deposit, all documentation required for a loan would be submitted through our secure MyStreet loan platform.
- Review– all relevant documents and information is analyzed by Underwriting, and any outstanding questions would be addressed.
- Closing – final review and electronic signing of the loan documents
- Funding – funds are disbursed
After you receive the funds, a dedicated customer-service representative will handle your account. You will always be able to reach your assigned representative in whichever manner is best for you, such as phone, email or text. If you prefer to self-serve, you can also check the status of your loan or obtain additional information on our secure, MyStreet portal.
I looked at other lenders, but in the end, it was Oak Street’s customer service for me. It was great. This was my first transaction like this and they broke it down into bite-sized pieces that I could understand.
For our first funding, we gave Oak Street Funding a difficult deadline to close in three weeks…most lenders would not be able to do this, but Oak Street made it happen.
I would absolutely recommend Oak Street Funding to a colleague if their needs align. I would push for them to talk to Oak Street. I don’t know anyone else who loans on cash flow.
When you are starting an agency from scratch as I was, you don’t always have a consistent cash flow. My working capital loan from Oak Street Funding was instrumental in allowing me to scale up.